Whoa, writing my post welcoming 2017 does not seem that long ago, but here we go again. I know 2018 will fly by just like this past year did, so I hope to stay as present and in the moment as I can. I always say this because I am still actively working at always being here in the now and enjoying every moment. It may not seem like it when you’re living in it, but life literally can flash by.
I have not thought much about 2018 in terms of specific goals or ‘resolutions’ that I have. However I truly think every year, every day, and every second of your life should continue to be better and get better, even though some situations or some moments may honestly suck. I think of it as hidden life lessons that may be of no conscious value to you in the moment but on the grand scheme of things, it will continue to mold you to become better and to learn more about yourself, how you want to be and how you want to live your life.
I have some very exciting things planned in 2018, but I am also super excited about the spontaneous and unexpected events that will also occur. If you had asked me what my 2017 would be like, I would never have guessed or even thought about some of the stuff that happened.
I do not believe in ‘resolutions’, but I do believe that setting goals are important. So, call it what you want, it’s not the act of creating goals that is the most important but it is about making the effort and truly believing and working on achieving your goals that matters; because otherwise what is the point?
So, with that being said, here are some things that I want to achieve and to accomplish this year:
- I will be running the half marathon at the BMO marathon this May, so training is essential as I want to be prepared and do the best that I can. The goal is to run at least 2-3 times a week. I’m not exactly sure of my training plan yet but I don’t want to be too strict with it, I just want to continue to run on a regular basis.
- Speaking of exercise, I know the amount of training that I will be doing would have intensified, so rest and recovery will be even more important. I do not want to burn myself out and I want to prevent possible injuries. Proper stretching and active recovery will be incorporated into my daily routine. I personally love this right before I go to bed, as this helps me relax and get my body ready for a good nights sleep.
- Photography has always been a big part of who I am because I have loved it for as long as I can remember. This year, I want to continue to make it a big part of my life. Last year I was given some new opportunities within photography and I hope to continue to improve and learn new skills. The goal is to go on at least one photo-based trip/excursion once a month. Whether that is booking some gigs, getting up nice and early to catch a sunrise, or just walking around the neighbourhood and snapping away. You can only improve by practicing, so I hope to photograph more consistently.
- This year I hope to continue to share my knowledge and my experience living a vegan lifestyle. I am extremely thrilled to know that I have helped and influenced a few friends and family this past year in their journey to live a healthier life, and I will always continue to strive to help more and more people. To do this, I aim to continue to be very open, honest and transparent in my own journey because I believe this is a great icebreaker and be reciprocated. I understand it takes a lot of courage for someone to come to you, put their guards down and open up to you, ask and then accept help.
- Along the same lines, I aim to be more consistent in creating content. I love creating and posting content, but I just need to look past the numbers, especially the number of people reached. I know that even if the number is small, I am still reaching people who may be impacted, influenced or inspired by my work. Even if I reach and inspire just one person, I am very satisfied.
I am so looking forward to this amazing new year. I know there will be lots of ups and downs along the way but I am so ready for what’s to come. Let’s make it the best year yet!
What are some things you’re looking forward to, or some goals you have made for the year?