Yes I know, this is nothing new or different. However I have been watching/reading monthly favourites on YouTube and other blogs for so long that I just had to join in on the fun. One thing I like about having monthly favourites is that it encourages you to try new things, it encourages you to step outside of your usual routine and get out of your comfort zone. It also encourages you to continue learning, expanding your knowledge and widen your perspective.
- Virtuous Pie – I am a little late to the party, but I caught the Virtuous Pie addiction. My fellow Vancouverites or visitors of Vancouver, you MUST go check out Virtuous Pie! They specialize in plant-based PIZZA and ICE CREAM! I’m drooling just thinking about it. I love the Superfunghi pizza, it’s sooo good. They also just opened up their new location in Portland, Oregon!
- Dehydrator – There are still a long list of recipes and foods I want to try using the dehydrator. However, not only have I been obsessed but my parents as well. They actually use it more than I do! Dehydrating bananas, apples, pineapple, or zucchini on a daily basis. As we continue into the summer I am super excited to experiment with so many other delicious produce such as tomatoes and pitaya, and other snacks such as making my own sprouted raw granola, bars, and other sweets!
HEALTH & BEAUTY
- Essential Oils – I’ve always loved essential oils, but I was recently given some samples and I am now obsessed. I am familiar with doTERRA and Saje essential oils; both are amazing. doTERRA has a blend called Breathe and oh goodness it’s fantastic. Saje offer many kits and collections that are great for travel, to keep in your handbag or backpack and just to take on the go with you! I personally have so much more to learn about essential oils, my favourite oils or scents always come back to peppermint or lemon; can never go wrong with those.
- How I Built This – I have been listening to many podcasts lately, but this one in particular sticks out and is extremely inspiring. “How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world’s best known companies and brands. If you’ve ever built something from nothing, something you really care about — or even just dream about it” Listen to it online, on itunes, castbox, etc, so many options and it’s FREE so you have no excuse!
- World of Dance – Whether you are a dancer or not, this show is amazing. I am a sucker for these competition shows. It is so inspiring to hear about people’s stories, to learn about what inspires them and how they got to where they are today. Everyone has their own unique story to tell, it is up to us on how we want to use our experiences, our struggles and triumphs in moving forward with our lives. If you enjoy watching dancing, this show is a MUST watch for sure!
- What the Health – This documentary is on Netflix and it discusses and examines the connection between health, specifically diet and disease. This is another fantastic informative and eye-opening film. If you like the documentaries such as Earthlings, Forks Over Knives, or Cowspiracy, you will most definitely like this one.
- Coconut Bowls – If you follow me on instagram, you will know that I am legit obsessed with my coconut bowls. They are beautiful, eco-friendly, sustainable, unique and just the perfect sized bowl to eat a variety of delicious foods out of.